Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 130
Photo of Brian Weiss
Tagging Trips as Business or Pleasure
I would find it a HUGE plus if the Link software would let me designate any trip as either personal or business, and keep the results sto...
  • 86 me toos
  • 30 replies
  • Idea
  • Implemented
Photo of Stephen Byers
Maintenance Reminders
Would be nice to have Automatic remind me when it is time for scheduled maintenance, especially oil changes. The Link/App should cert...
  • 219 me toos
  • 52 replies
  • Idea
  • Planned
Photo of mongo527
Record Mileage (Odometer) on the app!
If you can record the mileage on the app (maybe next to the date and time or something like that) would be amazing! I am a contractor ...
  • 104 me toos
  • 37 replies
  • Idea
  • Under Consideration
  • Archived
Photo of frumpa
Ability to create locations (e.g. Home, Work, etc)
Since the app uses location data, it would be nice to be able to set up frequently locations with labels (e.g. Home, Work, Grandma's Hous...
  • 25 me toos
  • 7 replies
  • Idea
  • Implemented
  • Archived
Photo of windracer
Landscape orientation support
When I have my iPhone docked in my car, I normally keep it in landscape (side-to-side) orientation. The Automatic app doesn't seem to sup...
  • 16 me toos
  • 9 replies
  • Idea
  • Under Consideration
  • Archived
Photo of alienmeatsack
Save frequently travelled routes
I'd love to be able to save/use my frequently travelled routes, like my Garmin watch does. I drive to and from work Monday-Friday... S...
  • 7 me toos
  • 7 replies
  • Idea
  • Implemented
  • Archived
Photo of DK
Track idle time and incorporate into driving score
Are there any plans to add the amount of time the car is idling and include this metric in the driving score? It seems like allowing a c...
  • 11 me toos
  • 17 replies
  • Idea
  • Not Planned
  • Archived
Photo of mark pelletier
Manually Enter Price @ Last Fillup
I am assuming regional average fuel prices are used to compute trip cost. Is there any way to expose the PPG value used, or at least p...
  • 160 me toos
  • 47 replies
  • Idea
  • Implemented
  • Archived
Photo of Matthew Boggs
Tire Pressure Readout in Automatic App while inflating tires
Allow tire pressure to be displayed on the iPhone Automatic App screen. I would love this feature. It could be used when setting tire p...
  • 26 me toos
  • 12 replies
  • Idea
  • Not Planned
  • Archived
Photo of rajid.ibn.hanna
Will the Android app support tablets such as the Nexus 7?
When you have an Android App, will it support tablets such as the older model Nexus 7? Since you don't support my iPhone4 (I know, power...
  • 7 me toos
  • 11 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
  • Archived
Photo of Mark Moline
Mark Fill-Ups and Report by Tanks not just Weeks
I use Fuelly to track my fuel economy. It would be great if the Link could help me with that too. I envision some way to tell the app t...
  • 52 me toos
  • 15 replies
  • Idea
  • Not Planned
  • Archived
Photo of Bob Weder
Can the app cache trip info until my phone can process data?
If the iPhone app can't process trip data (I'm in Yosemite and won't have access to a cell/WiFi connection for a period of time): 1. How ...
  • 5 me toos
  • 12 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
  • Archived
Photo of frumpa
Combine legs of trip
During a trip I stopped to fill up the gas tank then started driving again. It appears that the Automatic app uses the engine being turne...
  • 42 me toos
  • 27 replies
  • Idea
  • Implemented
  • Archived
Photo of Robb
Data for the people! Or more data when you want it
Have a few things i think would be interesting: - Week/month summary page/tab - Yearly/Monthly statistics page - or even maybe a web...
  • 65 me toos
  • 26 replies
  • Idea
  • Implemented
  • Archived
Photo of Andrew Burwell
Speed limit in my area is frequently 70 or 75 mph. Therefore I constantly get speed warnings on my commute.
I've only taken 1 trip to work so far, as I've just received the Automatic beta unit. However, if following the speed limit set at 75 mp...
  • 32 me toos
  • 22 replies
  • Idea
  • Implemented
  • Archived
Photo of macfactor
Theft Recovery
Just realized that the parking nav feature could also be used for theft recovery. Because these kinds of tools are not that prevalent the...
  • 17 me toos
  • 15 replies
  • Idea
  • Not Planned
  • Archived
Photo of Mat
How does the adapter know who is driving?
My wife and I drive the same car. We both have set up our Automatic apps. Just wondering how the device knows who is driving?
  • 5 me toos
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
  • Archived
Photo of Chuck Lunney
Using an OBD splitter seems to work fine
You say in the FAQ that the Automatic can't be used with an OBD II splitter. But I've got it installed in my car with one, using a Progr...
  • 7 me toos
  • 26 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
  • Archived
Photo of Danny L.
Manual Transmission/Tiptronic Car Shift Points.
Hello Automatic community , I am awaiting my pre-order currently. I have a manual transmission car and think it would be great if the ...
  • 8 me toos
  • 4 replies
  • Idea
  • Not Planned
  • Archived
Photo of Jon
Data security of Automatic's servers?
Just got one of these. It seems pretty interesting, but thinking more about the fact that the data is stored on your servers it seems lik...
  • 4 me toos
  • 7 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
  • Archived