2002 F150 MPG & Other Dashboard Data

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I am interested in mileage performance for a 2002 F150 with the 5.4L Engine. Will your product provide reasonable estimated miles per gallon with this application? What other dashboard items can I see?
Photo of 2002F150

2002F150

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Jeff

Jeff, Alum

• 14,146 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hey 2002F150,

Thanks for reaching out!

With Automatic, you are able to get your estimated MPG with each trip. Into the equation goes some of our fuel efficient measurements, which include hard brakes, hard accelerations and time driving over 70mph. All these, in combination with your speeds throughout the trip and car's MPG capability, will be able to provide an estimated MPG per trip. 

Through the application, you will be able to review these trips. We also have a Web Dashboard for such review of trips, which also is capable of exporting said trips so you can use that data any way you desire.

Another cool feature, which may be of interest, is Dashboard Labs. This is still somewhat in beta, but we are continuing to add new tools to expand ways to analyze your driving data. We are always looking for feedback on cool additions to add, so there is a chance we could build something that may be of use to you and other Automatic users.

Hope this helps :) Please let us know if you have any other questions!
Photo of 2002F150

2002F150

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Thanks for the quick reply Jeff.  Are there screen shots of the web dashboards?  I'd like to see how much data I can get on the vehicle's performance.  Also, can I move this device from one of my vehicles to another?
Photo of Jeff

Jeff, Alum

• 14,146 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
No problem!

Ah, well that clears this up a tad more and I apologize for my initial misunderstanding in what you meant by dashboards. That type of information isn't currently available within the Automatic application or the Web Dashboard (or Labs), however, we do provide a way to capture it for those that are interested.

With Automatic, you can get advanced data on vehicle performance through using a supported third-party streaming application. Right now, those only work on the iOS app, so if you are on an iPhone you are all set. We will also be releasing this shortly for Android, with OBD Fusion set to provide such data analysis. You can find more about this by visiting www.automatic.com/apps and scrolling to Apps for Performance.

You are also more than welcome to switch your adapter from car to car, but just know that when doing so, you will need to go through setup each time it switches vehicles. For this reason, it is recommended to have an Automatic for each car you'd like to use it in (but we understand that isn't a fit for all). For more information on multicar, please see this FAQ.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.