android support

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
What features are not available on android platform?
Photo of Jim Boydstun

Jim Boydstun

• 70 Points
  • concerned about fuure development of product

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Larry Rosenman

Larry Rosenman, Champion

• 556 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Streaming apps are the one I know of.  
Photo of Jonathan

Jonathan, Alum

• 4,232 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
Hi Jim,

Thanks for sharing your question with us, and welcome to the Automatic community! As Larry pointed out, streaming apps aren't currently supported for Android, but we're making great progress. Additionally, custom labels are only iOS at this time.

I hope this helps answer your question, and please let us know if you have any others: we're always happy to help. :)
Photo of Eric Maier

Eric Maier

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Thank you for this update. I just bought the Automatic, and would like to see it work with OBD Fusion. I bought it because I really want the performance apps. I'm sure it'll do nice things like tell me when I how fast I went, and whether I braked or accelerated too fast, but I'd really like to have the real time meters and information provided by OBD Fusion. I mean it's available to iOS users. It must be possible.

I look forward to this becoming a quick reality.
Photo of Jonathan

Jonathan, Alum

• 4,232 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
Hi Eric –

Thanks for your purchase of Automatic, we're so happy to have you as a user. :) We're definitely working on extending the support of OBD Fusion and other performance apps to our Android users, please keep an eye on this community for updates. :)
Photo of Dusty Findley

Dusty Findley

• 60 Points
I just purchased an Automatic for my truck. I have an android phone and contacted ODB Fusion. They tell me that they are waiting on Automatic to complete a firmware update. Since the most recent reply to this query is 5months old, I'm just trying to get an update on the process.

Photo of Jeff

Jeff, Alum

• 14,146 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hey Dusty,
Thanks for reaching out and welcome to Automatic!

We are getting closer to bringing performance streaming applications to Android. We don’t have an exact ETA on when these will be officially supported, but we are working closely with our partners to get it done. While our SDK is complete, we have some final hurdles to get over in ensuring everything works correctly. We will provide updates as soon as there is more to share.
Photo of Jeff

Jeff, Alum

• 14,146 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi Dusty,

We have an update regarding this matter. Please see the following Automatic Community topic.