Automatic Pro location based IFTTT recipes and Stringify rules have stopped working as of 12/1/2017

• Problem
  • Updated 4 months ago
Hello -

I have IFTTT recipes that are dependent on Automatic Pro entering/leaving an area. These have stopped working. Similarly Stringify flows that are dependent on Automatic Pro entering/leaving an area have stopped working too. All this started on 12/1/2017

However, I also have IFTTT recipes that depend on the ignition being turned on/off in an area - these still work.

Any idea what's going on?
Photo of Ashok Aiyar

Ashok Aiyar

• 1,148 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Matthew Freestone

Matthew Freestone

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I too am experiencing this.
Photo of Joel Fouquart

Joel Fouquart

• 104 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Same problem with my IFTTT programs that trigger on ignition turned off within a geofence—but mine stopped working in early August. I have checked my flows and revalidated the SMS channel but I can’t get it to work again. Mine is an Automatic Gen 2.
(Edited)
Photo of Ashok Aiyar

Ashok Aiyar

Just an update. Automatic Support is looking into this issue. Here's an email from them in response to my query:

Thanks for the heads up on this. I've alerted our team about the IFTTT issues, unfortunately we can't directly help with Stringify since we didn't build that integration ourselves, but there's a chance that the same problem is affecting both. I'll keep you posted.

-Ani

Automatic Customer Care Lead
(Edited)
Photo of Matt Farley

Matt Farley

• 1,434 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
The websockets api has the same problem right now. As of last Friday (Dec 1), it stopped sending location:updated events, and only sends ignition on/off. Based on the new names of the customer care people on these forums, the fact that we used to have developers responding here, and finally the fact that they are taking weeks to respond to emails -- lead me to believe they're understaffed and have had a lot of turn over. I hope the company doesn't go under.
Photo of Matt Farley

Matt Farley

• 1,434 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Update: IFTTT and Stringify are surely running into the same issue as this thread: https://community.automatic.com/automatic/topics/real-time-websocket-notifications-no-longer-provide...
Photo of Ashok Aiyar

Ashok Aiyar

FWIW, seems to be fixed now.