Device, car, person or account...

• Idea
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • (Edited)
I am confused and not passionate about Automatic (I want to be but ehhh).

I'm not into IFTTT its cool but not product. Kind of developmental. I'm into and work in tech wife is an artist and I have kids. This stuff should be easy peasy and help us with 16 year olds and driving, adult driving, and our cars.

I never believed in these tracking devices but when presented with a discount wanted my insurance discount so I gave in. Sold I loved the way I got feedback, information on driving and loved when I received alerts on OBS2 codes.

I'm not sure Automatic has found their groove and hope to see more development features and releases like the recent release where we see the trip information.

There has to be a way to blend person and car.

What I envision is one account with multiple cars and multiple phones. A phone is naturally associated with a person. When you start the car the phone adapter and software matrix the data against the driver and car.

Trips can be reviewed either by driver or car. Don't hang on to one sue or the other. Starting from scratch allows Automatic to differentiate themselves from the pack.
Photo of mcaslan

mcaslan

• 264 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
  • Confused and lacking

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Amy

Amy

• 68,970 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi mcaslan. Thanks for the feedback. Which adapter do you have? Our newest products - Automatic Pro and Lite - are vehicle-centric and do work with everyone sharing one account. With Automatic Pro - our 3G cellular connected adapter - it doesn't matter who's driving or whether they have their phone with them. All trips will be tracked in real-time and viewable by anyone logged into the mobile app no matter where they are. 
Photo of robert.ameeti

robert.ameeti

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Then too, attempting to associate the phone with the trip can be a bit crazy as multiple phones or no phone might be in the car during a single trip, or multiple phones might exit and enter the trip in progress. 
Photo of Ani

Ani, Customer Care Lead

• 9,604 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
That's one of the biggest challenges for products like ours when dealing with a single object that multiple people have access to. It's far simpler to simply have one account and share it (which is what we ended up doing with the new Automatic app). Many other connected devices only allow one user account per device for this reason. If it were a simple problem to solve we would have probably done it already!
Photo of mcaslan

mcaslan

• 264 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I have 3 Automatic Pro.
Photo of kelly chestnut

kelly chestnut

• 60 Points
Can two different accounts track the same device? I want someone to have access but do not want to share my account info.
Photo of Derrick S.

Derrick S., Official Rep

• 7,084 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Kelly,

Unfortunately that's not possible with Automatic Pro because it can only be setup on one account at a time. You can both use the same account, but as you mentioned you would have to share your account information.