Record mileage at fill-up

• Idea
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • (Edited)
It would be nice if in the "fill up" section it would auto record the mileage at fill up. A work around would be a notes area where you could note this manually.
Photo of SP

SP

• 402 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Amy

Amy

• 68,970 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Thanks, SP. We can't get mileage from the OBD port, so it would have to be a manual entry. Thanks for the suggestion!
Photo of SP

SP

• 402 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Thanks for listening.
Photo of Robert Reuscher

Robert Reuscher

• 2,520 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
I agree, that should be a simple change to allow addition of mileage at fill up since the amount is manually entered anyway (and you can change the cost). Not sure that this information goes anywhere but your phone, but it would be a start towards the maintenance reminders too (possibly)

I expect to see in the 3.0.3 :)
Photo of Amy

Amy

I've shared the idea with the product team, Robert, and I guess we can always hope for miracles... ;)
Photo of Dennis

Dennis

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Allow manual entering of odometer at fill ups..

Enter ododometer at fill ups. Display estimated odometer reading based on recorded travel since fill up. Then I could check odometer on phone when planning how long till scheduled maintenance. Parents could check that actual odometer and estimate didn't suggest that large amounts of miles weren't being recorded.
Photo of Amy

Amy

Thanks for the suggestion, Dennis. I merged your post into this one to consolidate the effort. :)
Photo of Conor

Conor

• 182 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I've recorded my odometer with my fill ups since I was 16 because that division is how you verify actual MPG and detect future issues.
Photo of Dennis

Dennis

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
@conor - Yep,  I've recorded mine with each fill up as well.    

Seems like it wouldn't even be entirely manual.  Just like how automatic fills in the estimated price of the fuel that I sometimes have to correct,   it could likewise fill in an estimated mileage based on the accumulated trip miles since the last fill up.  Likely,  I compare it to the odometer as I'm entering data and only have to adjust the last digit or two.