How many parameters are measured?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I heard about Automatic on the Windows Weekly podcast and it seems right up my alley; however, I already have an OBDII reader for my vehicle. Unfortunately, my reader is a community built unit and it doesn't have anywhere near the versatility of the Automatic. It DOES read over 80 different codes including IMA codes (you can see the code list here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B709...). Does the Automatic come anywhere near this level of information for the 2000 Honda Insight?
Photo of Roy Simpson

Roy Simpson

• 70 Points

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Amy

Amy

• 68,970 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Roy, thanks for the interest! While Automatic has a lot of functionality beyond interpreting and allowing you to clear Check Engine Light codes, we are limited in what codes we can read due to all the manufacturer specific proprietary codes that we don't yet have access to. Here's an FAQ with more info on that.

However, if you're interested in features like Crash Alert, Mileage / MPG / fuel cost tracking, a whole host of data insights and connecting your car to other apps and services, maybe it's a fair trade-off? If a dash light comes on that Automatic doesn't detect, you could always plug your other device back in to read it. :) 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.