I just looked back at my bank records and the total amount of gas spent was off by +$700. What source do you use for gas prices?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Photo of Josh Olian

Josh Olian

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Jeff

Jeff, Alum

• 14,146 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hey Josh,

Thanks for reaching out.

For an in-depth explanation on how trip costs are calculated, please see the following FAQ.

Please make sure that you have selected the appropriate fuel grade for your vehicle in the app's settings. You can do this by opening the app, going to the setting's panel and selecting your car. In that page, you will see a section titled Fuel Grade. You can choose between Regular, Mid-Level and Premium. You may also choose diesel if your car uses this grade of fuel, but there are limitations to which cars are supported.

If your settings are correct and you believe the costs of your trips are way off and incorrect, you may want to contact our tech support team at help@automatic.com
Photo of Joel Ivory Johnson

Joel Ivory Johnson

• 60 Points
I don't expect an im.edited solution for this, but I think it's necessary to be able to enter prices manually. My car burns 87 octane. But I also have the option of being able to purchase Ethanol free gas. The prices are different for 87 octane with 10% ethanol and 87 octane with no octane.for not I'm tracking price in a notebook. But it would be nice if adjustments could be made within the app.

Presently 87 octane with 10 ethanol is 1.599. 87 octane ethanol free is 1.999

(Edited)
Photo of Jeff

Jeff, Alum

• 14,146 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hey Joel,

Thanks for reaching out and for chiming in on this matter.

We recognize that the prices are not always perfect, this is especially the case if your vehicle doesn't have fuel level support or you are using variations with or without promotions. Our team is continuing to evaluate options for drivers who want more exact fill-up costs in future versions of the product.

Thanks again!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.