iPhone App Update (0.9.3)

• Announcement
  • Updated 5 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Today we published version 0.9.3 of the Automatic app for iPhone. You can download it in the App Store. This is a deep bug fix release that addresses issues some of you may be having.

Important: Launch the app at least once after updating to make sure it catches your trips.

Important Bug Fixes

• Improved Bluetooth connectivity between the Link and your smartphone, which improves the reliability of capturing trips

• Users' Drive Score should no longer appear as zero

• After an app update, setup screen should no longer appear for no reason

• Trip timeline should begin at the most recent trip and not scrolled to the bottom when app is launched

• Link demo sounds should now be audible even if the phone volume is set low
    Improved app stability

Photo of Automatic Team

Automatic Team, Official Rep

• 4,128 Points 4k badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Chris Mitchell

Chris Mitchell

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Loving that the app now opens with the most recent trip selected - no more repetitive strain scrolling to the top!

Has anyone else noticed that zoom no longer works for the individual trip maps?

Update: Just noticed the new FAQ that answers my question. https://c.getsatisfaction.com/automat...
(Edited)
Photo of pwinn

pwinn

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
On a 15-mile trip, I care much less about things maybe being off a block (which didn't happen often to me) than I do about where I was nicked for a hard accel. At the default zoom level for most of my trips, I can't really tell without zooming in.

TL;DR: I *loved* it when you added the ability to zoom, and I'm distraught that you've taken it away again.
Photo of Amy

Amy

• 68,970 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I know. Sorry about that. Did you see our topic about why we've removed it for now? We hope to resolve that in the future. iOS 7 *might* help some of the challenges we have around route-tracking / battery drain.
Photo of Adam

Adam

• 742 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Interesting. Sad to see the feature go. Appreciate the battery life optimization!
Photo of Leith Speights

Leith Speights

• 170 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Working perfectly so far :)
Photo of Amy

Amy

• 68,970 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Glad to hear it, Leith!
Photo of Sven Rafferty

Sven Rafferty

• 60 Points
The app crashed when I was on step three of setup with my 2006 F-250. I reopened it and started over which then completed successfully. I also noticed that my ignition needed to be set to ON for the setup to complete properly even though the Automatic confirmed connection to the OBD port with its beep without the key in place.

I hope that diesel and web account login will soon be supported to complete my experience.

Feature request would be to do a full diagnostic on the engine and report any codes to the app with links to definitions of the issue.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.