Is there a way to find out your location during a trip based on a time stamp?

• Question
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
I'd like to find out my location during a trip based on a given time stamp.

Example: I was at what location on 3/5/18 at 1:00PM.

Also, is there any plans to incorporate odometer readings into automatic's functionality?
Photo of Scott Lemonde

Scott Lemonde

• 70 Points

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Derrick S.

Derrick S., Official Rep

• 8,044 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Scott,

Unfortunately that's not available with Automatic Pro. As for the odometer, that data isn't available through the OBD port where the adapter lives, so we don't have access to it. I wish I had better news!
Photo of Solon Zafiropoulos

Solon Zafiropoulos

• 70 Points
So, there isnt a way to see driver’s history for the day? Like a crumb trail showing where they drove to or parked at with times? Is there a 3rd party app that gives this kind of data, or is this something that can be configured via IFTTT or maybe a developer can tweak for me?
Photo of Derrick S.

Derrick S., Official Rep

Hi Solon,

While you can see the route of the trip after it has been completed, timestamps are not available, unfortunately. IFTTT doesn't have an applet that will provide the information either, unfortunately. 
Photo of Solon Zafiropoulos

Solon Zafiropoulos

• 70 Points
Ok. Are there plans to add this in the near future? This was one of the main reasons why I bought these 2 adapters because of the high ratings and it was considered GPS tracking...Figured like most other trackers, it had time stamped history. If no to all the above, is there some kind of API where it makes sense for me to ask a developer to tweak something for me, or maybe a 3rd party app exists that provides this ability?
Photo of Derrick S.

Derrick S., Official Rep

Hi Solon,

There aren't plans to add that feature, unfortunately, and none of the 3rd party apps provide it. You can find the full API reference here: https://developer.automatic.com/api-reference/. If you have questions about the API, please email developer@automatic.com