not 100% accurate but a wonderful tool none the less

• Praise
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I live in fort sill Oklahoma and the reason I say this is not 100% accurate is more due to the surroundings rather than the drivers fault. Most stop lights on base are sensor based and are not a time delayed sensor at that. This means the light can change when you are within about 15-20yards. This poses a problem for the hard braking thing as it seems I'm also getting hard braking at these stoplights.I thought it was just me so I had my father and mother try it and same results most stop light on the military base force hard breaking but other than that, the statistics and fantastic and by far my favorite feature has to be the check engine diagnostic with my car being a 1998 it tends to pop on for lots of things most recently my o2 sensor went :) absolutely love this device.
Photo of Ronnie bowie

Ronnie bowie

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • happy

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Jeff

Jeff, Alum

• 14,146 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hey Ronnie,

Thanks for reaching out and for your feedback regarding Automatic :)

It is awesome to hear how much you are loving the product! 

That is unfortunate to hear that the light situation in your area is negatively affecting your hard brakes. While they will continue to go against your score as they are negative fuel efficient events, you can turn off the alerts if you'd like. You can do this by opening the Automatic application, open the settings panel and select "Audio Feedback." In there, you could turn off the alerts for hard brakes.

Thanks again, Ronnie. We hope you continue to love your Automatic :)
Photo of Ronnie bowie

Ronnie bowie

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
It doesn't bother me much :) however this 28mpg for city driving on my 1998 Nissan 200 sx is blowing mind! Even with a hard break or two it's even harder to get a higher mpg considering ots a manual but this device has definitely helped me learn how to drive a stick with its hard acceleration I've almost got it down perfectly. Definitely makes up for the hard brake issue haha :)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.