Porsche 911 (991)

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Hi,

I just found out that my 2014 Porsche 911 Carrera S (991) isn't compatible with Automatic, but I'm wondering if that means that Automatic won't work at all, or just some features won't?

Anyone tried in a incompatible car?

/k
Photo of Kenneth Auchenberg

Kenneth Auchenberg

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of r t

r t

• 60 Points
Hi Kenneth, 

I have a 2015 911 (991) Carrera S and have been using an Automatic Pro for several months with no issues.  

Kenneth Auchenberg

Interesting!  The compatibility table says it's not supported. Maybe out of date?
(Edited)
Photo of Amy

Amy

• 68,970 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Kenneth. At some point there was likely an error thrown on this generation/make/model that caused it to be marked as unsupported. I don't have details and we, unfortunately, don't have the resources right now to investigate further. Most likely it'll be ok, but if it's marked as unsupported and you choose to try anyway, please understand it's not officially recommended. 
Photo of Masashi Ito

Masashi Ito

• 354 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I had a 2012.5 991 and it worked fine on a gen2 (with the occasional bluetooth handshake problem that seems to exist for other cars too so i don't think it's the porsche's fault).

Kenneth Auchenberg

Alrighty, I'm gonna try then! Thank you very much :)
Photo of Jeff Neely

Jeff Neely

• 60 Points
Considering for mine, too. Let me know if it works.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.